Strona Hotelu Włoskiego korzysta z plików cookies, szczegółowe informacje na temat plików cookies można uzyskać w "Polityce prywatności i plików cookies".
Nie pokazuj więcej tego komunikatu
Hotel Poznań *** Włoski Book now
Widok na budynekWejście do hoteluWieczorne oświetlenie budynkuŁóżko w pokoju hotelowymHol głównyTelewizor LCD w pokojuPodwójne łóżko w pokojuDwa pojedyncze łóżkaPokój w stylu retroWidok na meble w pokojuPoczęstunek powitalnyMini bar w pokojuCzerwony wystroj pokojuWifi w pokojuPrzestrzenne okno w każdym pokojuPrzestrzenne pokojeElegancki wystrój każdego pokojuEleganckie zasłonyKwiaty na powitaniePorządek w pokojuSprzątanie w dogodnych godzinachWiFI do użytku prywatnegoSzafy w każdym pokojuMini barek dla każdego KlientaDuże wygodne poduszkiPrzestronne łazienkiSzlafroki dla KlientówPodstawowe środki czystościGniadka eletryczne dla urządzeńKlatka schodowaŁazienkiProjektory w salachSala do spotkań biznesowychSala konferencyjnaDuża sala dla KlientówWyborne butelki winRestauracjaMiejsce spotkań KlientówPiękne wystroje stołówRecepcjaLobbyWejście główneBlisko centrumBlisko na Stary RynekKawiarenki na Starym RynkuFaraPlac WolnościBlisko na Plac WolnościZamekOperaKatedraKatedra w PoznaniuJezioro MaltaTermy MaltańskieTermy - strefa rozrywkiWidok z OkrąglakuKościół na FredryWidok na Plac WolnościFontanna przy OperzeLotnisko ŁawicaTerminal na lotnisku ŁawicaMapa lokalizacji Hotelu WłoskiegoWidok na Hotel WłoskiNocne oświetlenie Hotelu Włoskiego

+48 61 833 52 62 24h/7 days a week

Best Price Guarantee If you find a lower price, you get 10% discount



  • All Saints Church

    Designed by Antoni Höhne and built in the years 1777-1787 as an evangelic church dedicated to the Holy Cross. The church furnishings from the years 1785-87 were made by Augustyn Schöps. Roman-Catholic church dedicated to All Saints since 1945, parish church since 1981.

    It is a Late Baroque and Neoclassical cross-shaped building on a rectangular plan with a tower to the west and a sacristy to the east. Figures of St. Peter and St. Paul from 1788 above the main entrance; a figure of Moses from 1787 (Augustyn Schöps) and a baptismal font from 1785 in the narthex. An elliptical trompe-l'œil dome in the central part of the shrine rests on eight columns with a double row of galleries between them. A wooden gallery from the years 1785-87 (rebuilt in the years 1926-27) above the entrance to the nave supported by two sculptures of atlantes. The church furnishings include the main altar with the painting The Last Supper adjoining the pulpit (with a medallion of St. Paul and a clock in the form of a grooved column) and the organ console. Pipe organs from 1785 above the altar with a cartouche featuring the monogram of King Stanisław August. Inscription plate of Siegmund Friedrich Goebel from the 18th century under the north gallery.

  • St. Adalberts Church

    According to tradition, the church was built in the 13th on the site where St. Adalbert delivered the word of God. The present structure is from the 15th c., extended in the 16th and 17th c. When the tower was lowered in the 18th c., the bells were moved to the wooden campanile. Apart from the Church of Virgin Mary of Sorrows in Łazarz, it was the only church in Poznań the Poles had access to during the war. Damaged in the battle of Poznań in 1945, it was rebuilt after the war.

    A Gothic church with a nave and two aisles and stellar vaulting. It boasts art nouveau polychrome decoration by Antoni Procajłowicz from the years 1911-13. The main altar made by Antoni Szulc in 1953 is modelled upon a medieval triptych; a Late Gothic bas-relief depicting the Assumption from the first half of the 16th c. in the central panel. Three side altars, two altars in the left aisle feature interesting paintings: Guardian Angels (Krzysztof Boguszewski, 1631) and The Lamentation over the Dead Christ (2nd half of the 16th c.). Two works by Marcin Rożek: the marble sarcophagus of Karol Marcinkowski from 1927 and the pulpit from 1925, made from artificial stone and decorated with busts of eminent Polish preachers. An imposing grille from the 17th c. and an altar with paintings showing St. Anthony and St. Anne with the Virgin Mary and the Infant Jesus composed of 17th-century and 18th-century elements. Adorning the walls are the epitaphs of meritorious Wielkopolskans: Józef Wybicki, Andrzej Niegolewski, Michał Sokolnicki, Antoni Amilkar Kosiński, Wacław Gieburowski and Wojciech Turski (parish priest in the 16th c.). A plague commemorating Hipolit Cegielski from 1946 in the narthex at the end of the right aisle.

    The church boasts a nativity scene with 102 moveable figures, among others Polish rulers and national heroes, that can be seen at Christmas time.

    Numerous plaques on the walls of the church and on the surrounding wall commemorating eminent Wielkopolskans (among others Klaudyna Potocka and Emilia Sczaniecka).

    The Crypt of Meritorious Wielkopolskans was established in the vaults of the church in 1923 on the initiative of the Curate Bolesław Kościelski. It proved too small; a new crypt was designed by Jerzy Gurawski, built in the years 1996-97 and connected with the old crypt through a passageway hammered in the foundation of the south chapel. Coffins with the mortal remains of Józef Wybicki (1747-1822), Antoni Amilkar Kosiński (1769-1823), Andrzej Niegolewski (1787-1857), Feliks Nowowiejski (1877-1946), Rev. Wacław Gieburowski (1878-1943), Heliodor Święcicki (1854-1923), Tadeusz Szeligowski (1896-1963), Stefan Poradowski (1902-67), Rev. Franciszek Bażyński (1801-76), Rev. Aleksander Żychliński (1889-1946) and Paweł Edmund Strzelecki (1797-1873) and urns with the ashes of Ignacy Prądzyński (1792-1850) and the heart of Jan Henryk Dąbrowski (1755-1818). The priests Wojciech Turski (d. 1592) and Krzysztof Boguszewski (d. 1635) are buried in the side chambers of the crypt. Worthy of notice is the Baroque sepulchral plate from the 2nd half of the 17th c.

  • Church of the Blessed Virgin M

    Originally a church and convent of the Dominican sisters built in the 1280s. The presbytery and the choir are from the 13th c., the nave was built in the 14th c.. In the 15th c. the east gable was remodelled and a chapel added on the north which was extended in the 16th c. to form an aisle. After the dissolution of the order by the Prussians in 1822 the church fell into disrepair. It was renovated by the Salesian Society in 1926 to the design by Kazimierz Ruciński (an organ loft was added and a Neo-Baroque façade designed by Professor Lucjan Michałowski).

    It is a Gothic structure. The presbytery boasts rib vaulting from around 1440 (the only of its kind in Poznań); sail vaulting in the nave, stellar vaulting in the aisle. Church furnishings are from the years 1927-30 (designed by Lucjan Michałowski). A painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, in the central panel of the Neo-Baroque altar from 1928; a painting of St. Catherine of Alexandria (a work by Antoni Ziętkiewicz) at the top of the altar. An eclectic altar with a sculpture of St. John Bosco and the Salesian coat of arms in the right corner of the nave. The portraits on the table top of the altar depict the blessed Oratorians ("the Poznań Five from Wroniecka Street"), Czesław Jóźwiak, Edward Kaźmierski, Franciszek Kęsa, Edward Klinik and Jarogniew Wojciechowski, boys engaged in underground activities during the war, murdered by the Germans and beatified by Pope John Paul II in Warsaw in 1999. Other interesting artefacts include: the pulpit, sculptures of St. Joseph, Dominic Savio and St. Anthony, the Neo-Baroque altar with a sculpture of the Sacred Heart in the aisle and the pipe organ from the years 1928-29. A plaque commemorating the blessed Oratorians in the narthex.

    The west wing and a tower in the thirteenth-century fortification system are the only remains of the former buildings of the convent (14th-16th c.).

  • Church of Saint Mary the Virgi

    The Late Gothic church dedicated to Saint Mary the Virgin was built in the years 1431-47 "in summo" which means within the stronghold on the island of Ostrów Tumski and replaced Mieszko I's palatium and a chapel founded by his wife, Dąbrówka. The church was built by the local builder Hanusz Prus, the west gable by Jan Lorek of Kościan and the vaulting by the builder Mikołaj and his son from Poznań (in the years 1444-47).

    The west gable is surmounted by a fleche and the walls are embellished with pointed arch blind windows and pinnacles. Side walls are divided by pilaster strips and feature pointed arch windows (bricked up on the north wall). The entrance to the shrine is through the pointed arch portals of profiled and glazed bricks (a similar portal on the north side has been bricked up). The stone in the plinth of the structure on the southeast side has notches left by swords being sharpened against it; it was believed that this act would develop some sort of supernatural power.

    It is a hall church supported by hexagonal or octagonal columns and covered with stellar vaulting in the nave and the aisles and with sail vaulting in the presbytery and in the ambulatory. Polychrome decoration, stain glass windows (designed by Zygmunt Kosmicki) and the main altar from the years 1954-56 are the work of Wacław Taranczewski.

    It is quite plausible that hidden beneath the presbytery are the remains of a rotunda where Dąbrówka, Mieszko I's wife, and Jordan, the first Polish bishop, were buried.

  • Church of the Most Precious Bl

    Once a tenement in the cellar of which communion wafers were allegedly profaned in 1399 (the legend of the miracle of the three hosts). It was converted into a two-storey shrine by the Carmelites in the 17th c. (they used the original Gothic walls and the cellar with the water well). The present appearance is from the early 20th c. Fragments of Gothic walls can be seen on the façade and the Neo-Baroque portal from 1906 is surmounted by a Late Gothic sculpture of the Madonna with the Infant from the turn of the 15th and 16th c. removed from the dismantled house no. 100 in the Old Market Square

    The shrine has a single nave, Baroque furnishings and groin vaulting. The altars are from 1733; worthy of notice is the high altar with the paintings of the Man of Sorrows and Jesus Christ Merciful (that can be hidden behind coverings) and rich carving on top ( God the Father among Angels ). A number of paintings from the 18th c (also in the side altars) depicting, among others, the Annunciation and St. Michael the Archangel. Of special prominence is the Late Gothic sculpture The Lamentation over the Dead Christ from the early 16th c. Organ loft with openwork baluster from the 18th c. and neo-classical pipe organ from the 19th c. along the west front. Polychrome decoration on the vault of the nave by the Franciscan friar Adam Swach from 1735 (the miracle of the hosts, Eucharist miracles and images of saints).

    The Chapel in the vaults was rebuilt in the years 1914-16 to a design by Marian Andrzejewski. Sculptures of St. Adalbert, Stanislaus the Bishop, Kazimierz and Stanislaus Kostka over the water well where, as legend has it, the communion wafers were drowned. Water from the well is considered to have some miraculous qualities that can cure eye ailments.

  • Church of the Holy Saviour

    Built in the years 1866-69 to a design by August Stüler and Julius Hochberger for the evangelic parish of St. Paul established in 1868. Roman-Catholic church since 1945, parish church since 1950. It is a Neo-Gothic edifice with a spire: a tondo with a sculpture of Christ's head above the main portals. Stellar vaulting in the nave and the presbytery, groin vaulting in the aisles. Wooden galleries are the remains of the original interior. A sculpture of the Passion from 2000 (a work by Lech Czuba) and a sandstone Neo-Gothic baptismal font (1867-69) in the presbytery, organ pipes from 1912 at the opposite end. Two altarpieces at the ends of the aisles: the altar of the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the left and the altar of the Divine Mercy on the right embellished with paintings of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and Saint Jude Thaddeus.

  • Church of the Most Sacred Hear

    Wielkopolskan dukes Przemysł I and Bolesław the Pious founded the first Dominican church in St. Gotthard' s settlement in 1244. The church was rebuilt in the 15th c. and received the present appearance in the early 18th c. (Jan Catenazzi). It has a single nave with stellar vaulting and barrel vaulting and a barrel vaulted presbytery with lunettes; the Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary adjoins the church from the north. A tower bell from the 18th in the northwest corner. Remains of Early Gothic walls from the 13th c. with portals in the west façade disclosed in 1923. The vault with stuccowork decoration over the nave is from 18th c. Church furnishings are mostly Baroque (18th c.).

    The main altarpiece from 1760 features a painting of Our Lady of the Rosary with St. Dominic (ca. 1760) covered by a painting of the Sacred Heart (a work by Adolf Hyła from 1963). Early Gothic portals from the 13th in the north wall of the presbytery. Carved backrests of mannerist stalls from the years 1620-30 with the scenes from the life of St. Dominic and St. Hyacinth.

    Baroque pulpit from the years 1714-16 and Renaissance sandstone baptismal font from the early 16th c (partly damaged) in the nave. Six Baroque altarpieces from around 1760 in the four-bayed nave. Organ loft on the west with organ pipes from 1925.

    Adjoining on the north is the Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary from the 15th c., most probably built on the site of St. Gotthard' Church, which has been a place for worship for centuries. The present appearance is from the years 1900-01. Stellar vaulting in the nave and the presbytery. Three plates by the entrance: two Late Renaissance sandstone plates from the 17th c. and a Gothic sepulchral plate from the Vischer's workshop in Munich. A Neo-Gothic pulpit on the side wall and a Neo-Gothic high altar with a bas-relief from 1901 depicting Our Lady of the Rosary with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena in the presbytery. The bas-relief is covered by a miracle-working Late Baroque image of Our Lady with the Infant from 1631 adorned with a silver dress in 1648 and crowned in 1968.

    Only two wings remain of the monastery buildings from the 14th c. (rebuilt in the 17th c.); they features stellar vaulted Gothic galleries. Remains of the wings dismantled in the 19th c. (in ul. Garbary) were disclosed in the years 1970-71.

  • St. Martins Church

    The parish was founded before 1236 but the earliest mention of a shrine (most probably a wooden one) is from 1252. The construction of a brickwork church was commenced in the 14th c. The presbytery was built already in the 14th c. but the rest of the present structure with a nave and two aisles was not completed until the mid-sixteenth century. Burnt down by the soldiers of Brandenburg in 1657, it was rebuilt at the turn of the 17th and 18th c. with Baroque interior decoration. The original tower was dismantled in 1745 and a new one was erected in the years 1935-29. The church suffered severe damage in 1945 and was rebuilt in the Late Gothic style in the years 1949-54.

    The stellar vaulted nave and aisles are embellished with polychrome decoration, painted on brick by Wacław Taranczewski in 1957. The stain glass windows depicting the scenes of the Passion and the event from the life of St. Martin are the work of Jan Piasecki (1959) whereas the stain glass windows in the aisles with the images of Polish rulers, saints and blesseds were made in the workshop of Maria Powalisz Bardońska (1978-93).

    A Late Gothic triptych from 1498 with the sculptures of Saint Mary with the Infant in a mandorla, St. John the Baptist and St. Catherine of Alexandria in the central panel of the main altar; bas-reliefs on the obverse of the side panels. Baroque crucifix from the 18th c. in the right aisle, three Late Baroque altars from the 18th c. in the left aisle.

    Pointed arch portals in the façade, sandstone bas-relief depicting St. Martin on the tympanum, a work by Edward Haupt from 1953. Arcaded frieze design on the north wall and a plaque beneath (mounted in 1986) commemorating Rev. Piotr Wawrzyniak (d. 1910), an outstanding social activist. A grotto (chapel) of Our Lady of Lourdes from 1911 (extended in 1932) northwest of the church featuring The Vision of St. Bernadette. In the arcade nearby a plaque commemorating the 15th anniversary of the Wielkopolska uprising.

    A monument to Adam Mickiewicz, a work by Władysław Oleszczyński, unveiled in 1859 (in front of a wooden bell tower east of the church) was removed in 1940. What remains is a plain pedestal from 1957 and a fragment of a baluster from the early 20th c.

  • Church of St. Margaret

    There was a shrine in Śródka before 1231 but the present church is from the 14th c. The Chapel of St. Barbara adjoining the church is from the 14th c., vaulting is from 16th c. and the tower (main portals from the 16th c., two portal arcades from the 15th c. and the bell from 1674) was erected even later. It replaced the narthex and obscured the imposing crow-stepped gable. The Chapel of St. Philip Neri along the south wall was built in around 1625. The church burnt down during the Swedish Deluge. Rebuilt in 1658, it lost its medieval character. It was used by the Oratorians in the years 1671-1805.

    The single-nave church has Late Gothic stellar vaulting and interior with some Baroque elements added in the 18th c. The altar in the centre of the presbytery features an image depicting Mother of Jesus composed of a silver dress from the late 17th c. (removed from a painting on the side wall of the presbytery) and a face and hands that were actually painted. It is covered by a rendition of the Assumption from the early 18th c. A painting of Saint Mary with the Infant surrounded by a golden mandorla and standing on a crescent from the early 17th c. on the side wall of the presbytery, much venerated in the past. Two side altars from the 18th/19th c. in the nave and a pulpit and a baptismal font (with the scene of the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan) from the 18th c. A painting of Saint Mary with the Infant surrounded by angels playing instruments (ca. 1603) in the Chapel of St. Barbara. The main panel of the altar in the Chapel of St. Philip Neri features a bas-relief depicting the saint experiencing a vision and supported by an angel (18th c.). Organ loft and Neo-Gothic organ pipes from the second half of the 19th c. at the west end of the nave.

    The church is surrounded by a low wall with a gateway and an inscription plate from 1786. Along the northwest side of the church stands the former oratory from the years 1746-77 supplemented with a new east wing in 1900.

  • St. Josephs Church

    Built in the years 1644-78 (to a design by Krzysztof Bonadura the Older and Jerzy Catenazzi). After the suppression of the monastery by the Prussians it was used by the military. Rebuilt inside after 1840 to a design by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, it was converted into the garrison evangelic church and functioned as the garrison Roman Catholic church when Poland regained independence. Renovated in 1945 by the Discalced Carmelites who took over the church and the monastery.

    A Baroque shrine with a nave and two aisles and an imposing front façade. Barrel vaulting with lunettes in the nave and the presbytery, sail vaulting in the bays, barrel vaulting in the transept. The interior is from the years 1984-88. Painting of St. Joseph with the Infant in the central panel of the main altar; two chapels flank the presbytery which are separated from the nave by arcades. Paintings by Albert Tschautsch from 1878 in the transept: Homage of the Shepherds and Jesus Falls under the Weight of the Cross. The pulpit in the nave consists of Baroque parts from the churches in Obrzycko and Maciejowa near Jelenia Góra.

    In the narthex: part of the tombstone of one of the main benefactors of the monastery, Wojciech Konarzewski (d. 1668), with a marble inscription plate and the effigy of the deceased in armour, and a plague from 1989 commemorating Mikołaj Skrzetuski (1610-73), the prototype of Jan Skrzetuski from Henryk Sienkiewicz's novel With Fire and Sword, buried in the vaults. Hermitage of St. Rafał Konarowski in the cellars. A monument to St. Rafał Konarowski was unveiled in the early 1990s in front of the church.

    The construction of the monastery was completed in the mid-eighteenth century. Restoration after war damage continued until 1966.

Hotel Poznań